Earthquake Damage Claims
After an earthquake, would your family be prepared to cope with the emergency? Local officials and relief workers will be on the scene, but it could take several hours, or even days, to receive help. Your family will cope best by preparing for disaster before it strikes.
In addition to FEMA’s recommended disaster supplies, IBHS recommends packing these other items:
- A wrench and other basic tools
- Work gloves
- Portable lanterns
- Extra car and house keys
- Important documents, including insurance policies.
- Cell phone batteries and a charger.
Above all, you and your family members should be familiar with your community’s disaster preparedness plans and create your own customized family plan. It is also important to learn about the plans of your workplace, children’s schools or day care centers.
Many homeowners and business owners don’t know that common home/business insurance polices don’t have coverage for earthquake and it is need to me purchased separately. Shield Public Adjusters team specialized in earthquake damages to help the policyholder get their claims settled in timely matter while getting best settlement for the clients.
How we will help:
- If you haven’t reported your claim, we will do so on your behalf. If you have reported your claim, we will notify your carrier that our adjusters have been assigned to your claim, and that they are to deal directly with us from this point forward.
- We will schedule a meeting with the Insurance Company’s adjuster to meet us at the property to review the loss. If the adjuster has already been there, we will create our own estimate of damages, and ask the adjuster to re-visit the property to discuss the loss with us.
- After meeting at the property and providing OUR estimate to the insurance adjuster, we will continue to negotiate until we have reached the best possible settlement. This may require several more visits, and possibly performing an appraisal using a neutral umpire. We will handle any additional meetings, and you are NOT required to be present.
- Once we negotiate the best possible settlement, we will review the settlement offer with you, for your approval.
- If you are displaced, or if have a loss of business revenue, we can even help you with the reimbursement (if you have the additional coverage).
Why Should You Hire the Shield Public Adjusters team?
- We have the experience and knowledge needed to handle almost any size insurance claim.
- Most of the adjusters that represent Shield Public Adjusters are FORMER insurance company adjusters. Therefore, our public adjusters know how the insurance adjuster might perceive each claim. Additionally, by adjusting in both sides of the industry, our public adjusters often know of the insurance adjuster assigned to your claim-this can make negotiating easier.
- Our adjusters are extremely familiar with all types of California insurance policies, and are even familiar with the California Statutes that may supersede many insurance policies.
- Our knowledge in policies, statutes, and coverage, help us to negotiate the absolute best possible settlement for your loss. We’ll even look for hidden damages that might increase your settlement.
- We are a full-time Public Adjusting Company, with full time public adjusters. Public Adjusting is our ONLY business, and all we do is handle insurance claims each and every day. Our knowledge and experience will benefit each and every client. We not only take away the claim stress, but also maximize your recovery.
- Our office is open 8-5, Monday through Friday, but we also have after hours service 24/7.
Call our office and speak to one of our knowledgeable public adjusters today! You can call us locally at 818-679-9553 or toll-free at 1-800-397-0801. Or submit your information Contact Us
Or, if you prefer, fill out the form below and our public adjuster will contact you shortly (usually within a few hours, if not sooner).